Sunday, March 29, 2009

And So This Chapter Ends

After saying good bye to a great number of my good friends this evening, I headed over to Gabes where he, Katrina, and Greg were hanging out, to say my good byes to them. I got into my car and there was a light sprinkle of rain coming down, more like a mist, as it had been all day, and I realized that that was the last time I would see these people for a long while.
Driving down State St, in the matter of seconds, the wind picked up and the rain started falling hard. I turned onto 36th, just about to Gabe's, and there were branches laying in the middle of the road, big enough to make a thump as I ran them over. All of a sudden lightning flashed in the foot hills and I watch the street lights go out and the transformer shoot off sparks. The traffic light started flashing red. This was amazing! I turned onto Taft and parked my car. When I got out the wind was furiously blowing, rain pouring down. I have always loved storms. Walking down the alley to the garage I let out a big scream into the night. I was absolutely loving every moment. No fear! It occured to me that lightning could strike me at that moment and all would be ok, but I knew that thats not what awaited me.
I walked into the garage and the power was back on... for a minute. Then it was out for good. We heard fire trucks in the near distance, and decided to go for a walk in the storm. What a beautiful night. We walked a few blocks and it had settled a bit, the power was still out, but the rain had slowed, so we walked back to the house.
I gave everyone a hug in the living room and told them I love them and I left. Just like that.

"Then End" began to play when I started my car.

It is funny to me how the last 2 chapters of my life have ended in such a similar manner... Without power and screaming to the sky. The differences is; at the end of the last chapter I wanted to die yet so scared of death that I accepted spiritual help, this time I was perfectly comfortable with death yet saw my higher power at work in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment